About Me

My photo
It's true, I'm make up mad and when I'm not writing my weekly column in Scotland's best read Sunday newspaper The Sunday Mail or my Beauty Spot page at 5pm you can find me with brush in hand working on a blushing bride. www.craigalexanderwilson.co.uk and www.createthedream.co.uk www.5pm.co.uk

Friday 2 October 2009

Dear Diary

It's been another busy week. I'm heading off to Miami this weekend and although I'm trying to pack, plan and prepare I still managed to fit in a few press appointments. Christmas is just around the corner( I can hear you scream already) and I've had a privileged peek at some cool cosmetics for the festive season.



Thursday I met with Daphna from Bobbi Brown. It's no secret that this is one of my favourite beauty brands. No longer is Bobbi known for just her browns and neither does she just lend her name to naturals. Maybe at one time you would have been forgiven for thinking that Bobbi's 'barely there' collection of cosmetics was all that was on offer. Not now and especially not this Christmas.



Look out for the new Metallic Long Wear Cream Shadow's. This award winning formula now has some added sparkle. 8 gorgeous shades are set to shock as they shine. I love Starry Purple, Starry Night and Antique Gold. Lightweight and long lasting these are perfect for the party season.



I do like Bobbi's Glosses but I'm sorry B. The brush applicators just didn't do it for me I'm afraid. Thank You, Thank You, Thank You for your latest godly glosses Bobbi!. New Rich Color Gloss not only comes in 8 great shades but the application wand has a 'hoof'. For those not in the know, this is the tiny angled foam application tip. Ruby Red, and Melon are mouthwatering. Love them.



Now it wouldn't be the party season without some palettes and there are lots on offer. This however I'll save for a later date or I'll have nothing new for my column.

Among some other lovely limited editions there is one bad boy that just jumps out. One of the best selling products and make up must have of all, Bobbi's Shimmer Brick, has now been developed in a cute travel size. A dinky chrome compact, not much bigger than a shadow but with the same skin enhancing appeal we all know and love is sure to set stockings alight this Christmas. At £42.00 it isn't cheap, especially when the full size product is £29.00. It is weighty and of course being coated in chrome adds to cost. Available in Plum, Nectar and Sandstone.

Check out the website for more info and prices, but get in quick. Limited editions don't last long.
www.bobbibrown.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment