About Me

My photo
It's true, I'm make up mad and when I'm not writing my weekly column in Scotland's best read Sunday newspaper The Sunday Mail or my Beauty Spot page at 5pm you can find me with brush in hand working on a blushing bride. www.craigalexanderwilson.co.uk and www.createthedream.co.uk www.5pm.co.uk

Saturday 10 October 2009

Sephora So Good

Well Miami was a blast and although I am sat here in my office my mind is still in South Beach. I thought the shops of Collins Avenue were just a memory. That was until I found a shopping bag left unopened as I emptied the rest of my suitcase. One of my favourite stores has to be Sephora and I had forgotten just how much I had bought until I dug out the bottles of Philosophy shower gels, Cargo cosmetics and the cool Juicy Couture Make Up Bags I had bought for gifts . Nestled at the bottom of the bag was the New Givenchy Phenomen Eyes Mascara. Like most Make Up Artists the tip of a mascara wand is just as important as the brush itself and this new mascara had me intrigued.



Unlike a conventional brush, this application wand has a small spiked ball at the tip that is designed to catch and coat lashes from root to tip.

For some this may be a little strange but after a couple of goes you will get the hang of it. My only concern is that the ball is a little to flexible. I would have preferred it to have been a bit firmer. We all like the feeling that mascara gives. Not only in colour but the tension the brush gives the lashes. Part of the process is combining and stretching our lashes as we apply. It makes us feel in better control and helps to curve as we coat.



I like using two types of mascara on the one client. Usually one to thicken and one to lengthen. The Givenchy version may not be for everyone but works well at getting to the areas some of your fatter brushes just wont reach. Its all about root to tip.Now had Givenchy gone down the Guerlain route and fashion something like their Le 2 de Guerlain Mascara then I would have been thrilled. A regular brush on one end with this new 'spiked tip' on the other would have worked well.



My Verdict- A nifty tool that does deliver but like most make up must haves and cool creations, adapt to suit yourself.

£18.50 from Givenchy Counters

No comments:

Post a Comment