About Me

My photo
It's true, I'm make up mad and when I'm not writing my weekly column in Scotland's best read Sunday newspaper The Sunday Mail or my Beauty Spot page at 5pm you can find me with brush in hand working on a blushing bride. www.craigalexanderwilson.co.uk and www.createthedream.co.uk www.5pm.co.uk

Sunday 5 February 2012

Best Base - Like real skin.

I always shout about my favourite foundations. Estee Lauder Doublewear Light, Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation and Royal Effem's Longlasting Foundation to name a few. Recently I thought I'd try some others before introducing them into my kit but a lot didn't meet my criteria. Either too powdery, chalky, to sheer, they didn't last or the colour line up simply didn't cater.
Now I had tried Illamasqua's Skinbase Foundation when it first launched and loved it and that was that. Don't ask me why I didnt go back to it sooner. I don't even know where I put the samples. This was until yesterday. OMG. There they were in a box in my office.
Having used this on four very different skins at a job yesterday and each varying in tone, clarity and age, this product achieved the same in everyone. The finish is as fresh as you could imagine, coverage that deals with uneven tone and redness and a quality that kind of mimics skin. The 'Beauty Balm' revolution is massive and this falls into that category although I have to say not all are of the same level of performance. This one from Illamasqua has the same qualities and that little bit more. I'm glad this is called a foundation as it deserves to be so. This is unlike anything else out there and you can quote me on that!

£25.00 from Debenhams stores or at www.illamasqua.com

No comments:

Post a Comment